6.11.2010

the current state of my apartment:  every "room" is about half completed.  it is driving me crazy!  i've started a list to recognize what is needed. i'm tackling my entry way first, mostly because that's the closest to completion.  my biggest complaint about it is that my shoes just pile up and look messy(i'm trying to not wear shoes in my apt bc of how absolutely gross nyc streets are).  i have coat/bag hooks, an empty frame, and a place for bills and letters. an entry way rug is on it's way, along with a piece of glass for the frame. my parents actually had a large piece of glass from a mirror that had broken and i was able to get that cut into an oval for a fraction of the cost of a new one($15 v $70!).
as for the shoe problem...i've always thought these were neat. i like how relatively thin they are.  these are how some people have used theirs.  i really like the 3rd.  i've also thought they could be useful in the bathroom- for storing my straightener, brushes, and things. now, if ikea will just restock them for me...  

No comments:

Post a Comment